Tracking Use Tax
Many states impose Use (or Usage) Taxes on purchases that are shipped to you from a different state than the one in which you have your business, this is becoming more common as we purchase more items on the internet, and generally the purpose of Use Tax is to equalize the tax burden when buying from in-state and out of state vendors.
While QuickBooks does an excellent job of tracking Sales Tax, even when you have to collect Sales Tax from multiple jurisdictions, it does not automatically calculate Use Tax for you – - – but it is possible to track Use Tax using these instructions.
This article provides you with step-by-step instructions for tracking use tax on goods or services that you purchase which are subject to use tax.
Request your copy of this article today, by clicking the button below.
Note: While this is a free article, we do request that you enter your email address so that we can notify you if this article is updated.
Leave a Reply
- How to Fulfill Your Certified Payroll Requirements – Webinar on CD
- QuickBooks for Contractors-Job Costing Basics from A to Z on CD
- Free Webinar – Stealing More Than the Secret Sauce
- 4/9/2014 QuickBooks for Contractors hangout – Time & Materials Billings
- QuickBooks Job Costing from A-Z Webinar
- 2/12/2014 QuickBooks for Contractors Hangout – A Tale of Two Certified Payroll Processes
- WIP Calculator for Percentage of Completion Calculations
- VIDEO: WIP Calculations can be EASY!
- 1/8/2014 QuickBooks for Contractors hangout-Job Costing Reports
- 12/11/2013 QuickBooks for Contractors hangout + TSheets
- QuickBooks for Contractors Bookkeeping Tips & Training
- eBook: Learn About AIA Billing & How To Fill Out an AIA G-702/G-703
- Welcome to Learn to use QuickBooks in your construction business
- Payroll, Bookkeeping & Accounting Task Checklist
- Download your item before leaving this page!
- Project Information Worksheet
- Project Information Worksheet-Keep Your Contract Info Organized
- Important Facts About Items Left as “Billable” in QuickBooks
- eBook: Getting Equipment Costs into QuickBooks Job Costing Reports
- Employee New Hire Information & Checklist
- VIDEO: How To Make Your QuickBooks Customer:Job List More Meaningful
- VIDEO: How to Calculate Equipment Costs per Hour
- eBook: Documenting Change Orders