How to fill out a certified payroll report, is a question that I’ve been asked by QuickBooks users for years – so often in fact that I decided to give a live monthly webinar on this very subject.
How to Fulfill Your Certified Payroll Reporting Requirements – 2 hour live webinar, $89.00 per person
The current economic situation has dealt a serious blow to both homebuilders and commercial contractors and many are finding themselves making the move to Public Works construction and Prevailing Wage projects.
Making the move from residential/commercial construction projects to government-funded construction projects, which have certified payroll reporting requirements, can be overwhelming for most contractors, their office staff, and the accounting professionals who support them. This often misunderstood requirement can lead to major problems; including denial of payment and contract termination. Don’t get caught in a payroll certification trap!
Our live, instructor-led, on-line 2-hour training class has also been presented to Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. members and subscribers to the Contracting Post and focuses on the following:
- What government agencies make the laws behind certified payroll reporting requirements?
- How to comply with Labor Standards & Payroll Reporting requirements
- How to complete a Certified Payroll Report & Statement of Compliance
- Common methods for creating Certified Payroll Reports, Statements of Compliance, EEOC, ARRA and Fringe Benefit Reports
- State prevailing wage vs. Davis-Bacon forms and which form applies
- Electronic certified payroll filing requirements
- Ways contractors pay fringe benefits and how to document the credit you can take
- Tracking employee time and work classifications
- Requesting additional “trade/work classifications” and wage rates
- Typical errors that require correction
- What happens when things go wrong
- Automating these time-consuming, error-prone tasks
Who should attend?
- Payroll processors
- Office managers
- Business development experts
- Accounting & Consulting professionals
- Union and non-Union Contractors